The UTGSU building at 16 Bancroft Ave offers free space bookings for members of the Union. These spaces are available for a variety of activities between 10:00 AM and 11:00 PM. Use is restricted to quiet activities from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We also have a pub serving beer, alcohol, spirits, and snacks that has an accessible outdoor patio.
The Pub is located in the UTGSU Building on the first floor. It is a great place your course union or student group to book for a party! For more information or to reserve the space, please call Harry, the Pub Owner, at (416) 978-8466. The pub is open 12-12 Monday to Thursday and 12-1am Friday.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-978-6233
The following are available on a first-come first-served basis
- Grad Loft (2nd floor) – A cozy space for gatherings or meetings.
- hosts comfortably around 30-40 people
- for regular use: chairs; tables; 2 armchairs; 1 coffee table; 2 couches; chalkboard wall.
- This space is legalized and you can purchase alcohol at the pub to drink.
- Gym (1st floor) – For athletic and non-athletic activities/events
- Basement Lounge – An open-space concept
- hosts approximately 15 people
- for regular use: 2 long, rectangular wooden tables; 2 coffee tables; 2 couches; 1 armchair; 10 chairs (additional chairs available upon request).
Before booking space with the UTGSU, please keep in mind the following:
- Please inform your guests that the UTGSU is not accessible.
- All alcohol must be purchased in the Pub. You must not bring your own.
- No food, drinks (except water), equipment or furniture is allowed in the gym unless approved by the UTGSU.
- Garbage and recycling must be deposited into the bins.
- Furniture must be returned to their original positions after your function.
- You must clean the space after you are done (wipe tables, sweep if necessary).
- When you are finished you must inform the UTGSU contact person you are leaving.
- You are responsible for any damage or theft occurring during your function.
- One accessible entrance at the back of the UTGSU building that leads to the HDI (Health and Dental Insurance Office).
- Lack of accessible washrooms.
- No accessible lifts or alternatives to stairs – limiting access to all services except the HDI Office.
- The gym lacks temperature control.
- Lack of clear and accessible signage.
- Narrow corridors, doorways and related spaces pose problems throughout the building.
- Existing ramp at a less-than-ideal angle and width.