Fall 2023 UTGSU Orientation
Grad fest bbq & clubs fair
Date: Wednesday September 13, 2023
Time: 4:00-7:00 PM
Location: 16 Bancroft Avenue
Calling all incoming and returning graduate students! Join us on Wednesday, September 13th, 2023 from 4 pm – 7 pm for UTGSU’s annual GradFest! Enjoy a day of free food and swag, meeting fellow grad students, and learning about all the services provided through your student union. These services include the health and dental plan, academic advocacy support, international student identity card, and funding opportunities available to graduate students.
You’ll also get the chance to meet and get involved with our identity-based groups that tackle important issues on campus, as well as many awesome U of T graduate student organizations.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Check out our FAQs:
- Is this event accessible? The BBQ and tables on the walkway right in front of the UTGSU building area are physically accessible. The information fair in the UTGSU Gym has an accessible entrance behind the building. There will be signage throughout the area to guide you to the accessible entrance. There are accessible washrooms in the Multi-Faith center right beside the GSU building. The closest accessible subway station is Spadina.
- How do I receive my food ticket? You will receive your food ticket when you come and sign in.
- What kind of food will you be serving? You will be able to choose between a beef burger, a Halal BBQ chicken burger or a vegetarian burger (a vegan/gluten-free patty). You will also get a choice of water or soft drink
- Where can I find the information fair? Our information fair will be held inside the UTGSU Gym, located on the first floor of 16 Bancroft Ave (https://goo.gl/CQUiwG) as well as the walkway right in front of the UTGSU building.
- Can I bring my partner/kids/friends? You are welcome to bring your partner/kids/friends. Food tickets are limited and reserved for graduate students.
- Who do I contact if I have more questions? You can email email@example.com.
Trivia Pub Night
Date: Thursday September 21, 2023
Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
Location: GSU Pub (16 Bancroft ave)
Are you ready to test your knowledge and have some fun with your fellow grad students? Join us for a trivia pub night at the GSU Pub on Thursday September 21 from 6 to 8 pm. Teams will be assigned randomly at the event, relieving any pressure to prearrange your own team. However, if you prefer to work with familiar faces, you’re welcome to inform us at the event. There will be prizes for the winners and snacks for everyone. Don’t miss this chance to meet new friends, enjoy some drinks and show off your trivia skills. Register now and get ready for a night of laughter and learning!
For any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org